Thanksgiving is almost here and I was thinking last night about all the things that I have to be grateful for. I really am so completely blessed. So here is a list of a few things that I am grateful for.
1. My husband. He works so hard, even when it is unpleasant, and he helps at home so much, even when that is unpleasant too. I hear stories about people whose husbands don't help or that treat them poorly and I am eternally grateful that I found Ryan who treats me like a queen and who just belongs with me. Last week he was gone for just two days on a business trip and the whole time he was gone there was a gaping whole in our house. What a blessings.
2. My kids. I am the first one to admit that my kids drive me completely bonkers sometimes, but really they are a great blessings. I was thinking last night as I was up at midnight with James trying to soothe him back to sleep that we really do have some magical moments together. There is something about the moment that your magical mom touch soothes a cry or when you get that huge toothy grin for just walking in the room. And I have to say that 2-year-olds are the very best at welcoming you home, whether you've been gone for an hour a day. They are such a responsibility, but I gain so much from them every day...oh did I mention the hugs and kisses?
3. My house. I love my house for a lot of reasons, mostly because its where I get to come home and where our family has so much fun together. But I also love my kitchen because its beautiful and was lovingly designed, built (and discounted :)) by my wonderful father-in-law.
4. My family. I have the best family. Parents, In-laws, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins...They are all great! Everyone cares about us and takes care of us when we need it and loves us unconditionally. What luck!
5. My friends. I moved around a lot in my life, and that made keeping friends around hard. But, luckily I have a few that have stuck around, and I've made new ones that have been fabulous. I always know that there is someone I can call when I need anythings.
6. My car. This may sound a little silly, but I love my minivan! Its big, and usually messy, but it fits everything I need and is comfy, I love it.
7. My bed. I absolutely adore my big puffy comfortable bed. Especially when there is a pletheral of pillows.
Okay, there are a million more things that I am grateful for, but I think I better stop this post here before it gets too out of control.